[opendtv] Re: Sony U.S execs: Expect a robust holiday season

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 12:47:44 -0500

John Shutt wrote:

> > But more importantly, an ATSC PVR can certainly scan
> > TV channels in the background, e.g. when in idle mode,
> > to acquire and store a complete OTA broadcast EPG.
>
> Not when you have to re-aim the antenna for different
> channels.

Who says you do? Obviously, anyone who has done any amount
of time-shift recording over the past quarter century must
somehow have solved this problem, eh John? I don't rush
home to rotate squat from one hour to the next.

And yes, modifying a DVB-T appliance for ATSC is absolutely
no harder than combining an ATSC appliance with digital
cable. I thought we already proved all this stuff a long
time ago. You seem to enjoy perpetuating the FUD?