[opendtv] Re: Some results - 1080p @ 60 is Next?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:56:14 -0400

At 1:09 PM -0400 5/17/07, Tom Barry wrote:
1080p displays are becoming the standard anyway. But in addition to hiding the raster there are also now some hidef DVD's (say King Kong) that can deliver 1080p/24 that may even justify that resolution for things other than hiding the raster.

It is already possible to deliver content at 1080@24P. We don't need to change a thing.

The debate is whether we need 1080@60 as an emission format.

Craig - you've had your DLP TV for awhile now. Have you moved your couch closer yet? ;-)

As of this morning the screen is 164 inches from the couch. The screen height is 24.5 inches, which means the viewing distance is 6.69 picture heights.

From time to time, I move the couch closer - to about 5 picture heights. But for some reason it keeps moving backwards. I suspect my wife.