[opendtv] Sirius TV

Any one have an opinion on how serious this TV will be?

AFAIK Sirius has around 4 Mbps of delivery capability. How do they fit
three TV shows into that? Are they going to do a Disney Moviebeam like
tricle into a storage device and update it?

http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/070329/clth046.html?.v=93

And I wonder if this will work any better than current satellite
service in the hinterlands beyond the reach of  their repeaters.

They do have the advantage of their trio of satellites in unique
elliptical orbits that combat the problems posed by geostationary
satellites but will they pose problems anyway for DTV?

First thing I thought of when hearing of the proposed merge of XM and
Sirius was that they wanted to offer video. When we were working with
Chrysler, Sirius video was part of the equation. If they do merge this
would suggest that the elliptical orbit technology would be the
surviving one.

All other proposed mobile video services will offer radio, Sirius and
XM had to consider offering video. Radio is part of the successful
Freeview and was always part of our Viacel plan.

Bob Miller