[opendtv] Re: Sezmi

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Jun 2010 17:10:50 -0500

Al Limberg wrote:

> I used to project slides on the white wall in thebasement of our
> house in NJ.  Noticed that projecting slides with the bottom at
> the floorline often created the impression that one could step
> into the scene especially when photographed with a lense offering
> great depth of field.
>
> We projected movies and slides high mainly to get above the heads
> of rows of viewers in front of us.

Yes, granted, although it's probably unusual to have rows of people watching
TV, in typical home situations. Even movie theaters have gone to "stadium
seating," to avoid the problem of having to look over people's heads. With
stadium seating, maybe the whole upper half of the seats in the theater either
look straight ahead, or even look down some, to see the screen.

But in the ad in question here, and very many others like it, there seems no
excuse for hanging the screen up so high. Even if it means moving the equipment
shelves over some.