[opendtv] Re: Seeing Ghosts on a Single Frequency Network

  • From: Michael Simon <mjohnsimon@xxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 06:28:19 -0500

Maybe to try and better frame the subject we are not talking about today but a future vision for USA were next gen ITU-Advanced (True 4G) and Next Gen Broadcast (OFDMA) in USA could possibly converge.(be seen possibly as complementry)

You may find some background on ITU-Advanced at http://www.3gamericas.org/
There is a new white paper on home page titled "4G Mobile Broadband : 3GPP Release 10 and Beyond" click to download pdf.

As Mark said this is truly a work in progress around the world.

Here in the USA the equation for Wireless Broadband will include new Technology, New Spectrum Allocation, and New Regulatory Policy to yield the USA goal in the FCC Broadband plan for broadcast innovation, spectrum sharing and increased spectrum efficency and
more flexible use for the 21 st century (IMO).

The subject of 3GPP MBSFN and Broadcast (OFDMA) SFN would better frame discussion if one looks to a point in the future (not today).The subject of the ATSC Symposium on Next Gen at HPA.

Regards

Mike Simon