[opendtv] Re: SXRD

  • From: Brian Park <floman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 08:40:47 -0600

There were a number of 70" SXRD DLP RPTVs shown at CES with prices in
the $5k range. Due out this summer from the usual suspects. Perhaps not
as good as the Qualia, but nearer high end consumer level than toys for
oil sheiks.

Good coverage at
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=494251

What was more interesting were the pocket projectors from Mitsubishi and
In Focus. $600 list and as small as your fist. About 10 lumens at the
moment using RGB LEDs phased to the DLP mirrors so no color wheel
needed. Runs on batteries. 800 x 600 today, SXRD under way. The iPod of
projectors.

bp