[opendtv] Re: Remote controls -- where's the outrage?

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2004 20:18:03 -0700

Henry Baker wrote:
> These are all good suggestions, but are applicable to only 0.001%
> of the viewing audience.  Why are these extreme measures necessary?
> How come the CE industry can't get its act together?

How is wiring your house for signal distribution and programming an
intelligent remote extreme? Wimax distribution and the all-seeing eye
dog of remote controls sounds better? At what expense?

Here's some of the hardware I was talking about. Works like a charm:

http://www.xantech.com/products/p_folder/p_172.htm
http://www.hometech.com/infrared/rcvrs.html#XA-17294
http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=15-1950

Cheers