[opendtv] Re: RGB mania

  • From: "Alan Roberts" <roberts.mugswell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 19:06:06 -0000

Yes, that's correct. Negative or super-white values of R'G'B' can't happen
unless a scheme like 1361 is adopted. SCART is perfect until then, and would
still be fine as long as there are no clippers in the R'G'B' signal paths
and a colorimetrically correct linear matrix (in the linear RGB signals) is
included to convert signals to the display primaries (if they are different
from those of the transmission system).