[opendtv] Re: Qualcom OFDM networks with MediaFlo

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:56:14 -0500

Right, so I was correct, and you were just waving your hands.

WMV8 @ 386Kbits in 640x480@30fps is something you would not want to
watch, even on a 3.7" screen. The same bitrate video at 320x240 is
barely watchable.

MY defined video needs are that the video is at least watchable, and I
can sort of make out the shapes of people's faces -- not watch bouncing
macroblocks. I think that is a fairly realistic expectation.

Why pay for some pocket dvd wizard that just encapsulates windows media
encoder when you can get virtualdub-mpeg2 and wme for free?

Cheers
Kon