[opendtv] Re: Qualcom OFDM networks with MediaFlo

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 21:59:03 -0800

Bob wrote:
>I am only talking of ERP.  The rules for use of channels 52 to 59 limit ERP
>to 50 kW.

I wouldn't classify this as a "big stick" operation in relative DTV terms,
but perhaps a medium one. The most powerful DTV authorizations in the U.S.
are 1,000 KW ERP while the lowest power DTV stations are generally
authorized down in the 100 KW range.  There will eventually be an LPTV DTV
service but I don't know that the technical parameters are yet established.