[opendtv] Re: Philips DVDR3575H/37

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 12:04:04 -0400

Cliff Benham wrote:

> It is out of stock everywhere because it is a very popular item.
>
> It is the tivo alternative and is more user friendly than anything
> offered by DirecTV, Dish or the cable companies.

> There is a dvd rec. with 160 gig hard drive made under the
> Magnavox name for $250 here:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=10104532&findingMet
hod=rr

Thanks, Cliff. I also eventually found that, last night. It must be the
same basic item as the Philips. The Philips used to be stacked on the
shelves at WalMart, but not anymore. Maybe it is just a case of
temporary inventory depletion. It is still very difficult to find any
sort of OTA PVR over here. Even DVD recorders without hard drive, and
with ATSC and clearQAM receiver built-in, are not easy to find.

I know Craig thinks that "nobody cares." But the truth is, if nobody
cared, they wouldn't have jacked up the price of the Philips so much.