[opendtv] Re: One Out of Every Four Sets Sold In 2004 Will Be An HDTV

Without meaning to disparage the future of HD in any way (I firmly
believe that eventually essentially ALL TVs will be HD), I would like to
point out a couple of things about the CEA figures:

1.  They are not counting receivers; just displays.
2.  For CEA to count a display as "DTV" it need only be capable of
dealing with 480p.  If an NTSC TV has its horizontal scanning circuitry
modified to deal with a 31.5 kHz line rate instead of 15.75, I believe
CEA will count it as DTV.

TTFN,
Mark