[opendtv] Re: Olympics HDTV

  • From: Michael Hazarian <haz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Feb 2006 23:40:10 -0800

On Feb 1, 2006, at 6:55 AM, Greg Staten wrote:

> I believe the rate conversion hardware has gotten a lot better in the
> last couple of years.

Does anybody on the list (and in the US) watch the european football
(soccer) feeds via Fox Soccer Channel (EPL) or GolTV (La Liga)? My
assumption is that these are acquired by the PAL cameras, then
converted to NTSC. The conversion looks very good if that is the
case. I have tried to look for conversion artifacts but can't really
find any, though, it may be masked by the limited bandwidth of
digital satellite compression.

Anybody know what the acquisition chain is for these games look like?

Michael Hazarian
Rx Productions