[opendtv] Re: Off topic: Researchers uncover potent greenhouse gas

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:45:14 -0400

Hey, I did not mean to imply there were no other things to worry about. ;-)

- Tom (Who believes that if life is not worrying about then it is probably also not worth living.)

Craig Birkmaier wrote:
At 10:16 AM -0400 10/30/08, Tom Barry wrote:
Craig Birkmaier wrote:
 If we are to believe in the scientific method, then there is little to
 worry about in terms of climate change.

Sorry, but that is a still undecided question, no matter how firmly some state the answer.

 Perhaps because most of them they are projections of changes that have
 not yet occurred.

I believe the main reason we evolved brains was to model changes that have not yet occurred. And of course we often have to make choices and allocate resources based upon insufficient information. One of those choices of resource allocation is choosing what to worry about. We will probably continue to disagree on this one until more data is available.

Or until 2010, which is modeled as the hottest year ever.

My guess is that it will take a decade of cooling to shut these folks up. By them we will have much bigger fish to fry as the government takeover of health care and the insolvency of medicare and Social Security take us into a real depression...