[opendtv] Re: Off topic: Researchers uncover potent greenhouse gas

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 09:40:33 -0400

At 6:11 PM -0400 10/29/08, Tom Barry wrote:
It is anyones God given right to not believe in established science or the scientific method of discovery or discourse.

But those who do not believe it leads (sort of) to truth should probably not attempt to use scientific or logical arguments to win debates. They just won't be very good at it.

- Tom

It appears that in Bob's world, God has been replaced by the "religion" of radical environmentalism.

If we are to believe in the scientific method, then there is little to worry about in terms of climate change.

There are plenty of theories and computer models out there predicting catastrophic climate changes, but NONE of them can be verified...

Perhaps because most of them they are projections of changes that have not yet occurred.

I am MUCH more comfortable looking at the actual data we have for the past few thousand years, and the analysis of this data (ala Easterbrook) which points to the fact that there is nothing particularly unusual about the weather patterns over the past century, much less that the planet is warmer now then at any time in its past.

Noting that Greenland was once a highly productive agricultural region, now covered with 100 feet of ice.