[opendtv] Re: Ofcom's proposed spectrum option

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2008 07:34:10 -0400

The problem is it is highly suggestive of a very concentrated oligopoly market. These often need scrutiny to avoid misbehavior by the major players who will be tempted to erect barriers to entry of new competition and generally avoid free market pricing and new innovation.

- Tom

John Willkie wrote:
Is the "problem" that 90% of what you watch comes from the majors a problem
caused by you or them?