[opendtv] Re: Ofcom reports strong growth in UK digital television

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2007 17:16:37 -0500

As usual we differ in our interpretations. I see OTA being adopted by
virtually every home in the UK.

One difference between the US and the UK is that while every home in the UK
will freely buy and use OTA receivers, every home in the US will buy OTA
receivers without realizing it paying for something they neither need, want
or even have awareness of.

In many, very many, UK homes today they have both SKY satellite and MULTIPLE
OTA Freeview receivers.

This will also be true in the US but most homes will have cable or satellite
receivers that they use, OTA 8-VSB receivers that they DON'T use and OTA
COFDM receivers for channels above 51 that they also USE and are aware of.

In my take that makes for a significant difference.

Bob Miller