[opendtv] Re: OTA Content Restrictions

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 12:57:20 -0500

Dan Grimes wrote:

> There is great irony here.  The OTA signal has decency
> restrictions, while cable and DBS enjoys a privateness that
> allows indecency.  However, when comparing programming,
> with the exception of a few channels, the cable programming
> is much more decent than the OTA programming!

I thought that after the Janet Jackson silly little episode,
the FCC was clamping down on all media equally, no?

Other than the premium movie channels on cable, I have never
noticed any difference whatsoever between what is transmitted
on cable vs OTA, in terms of "decency." I think people are
trying to create differences where there is no distinction.