[opendtv] Noticed more lower prices

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2004 23:46:42 -0500

My apologies for spamming the board with what might look like a Sam's
Club ad but I was there today and noticed what might be indicative of
some more HDTV (monitor) price drops.

They had a Samsung 26" HD wide screen direct view for $499 and an Akai
54" 4:3 HD RPTV for $899.  AFAIK neither had ATSC tuners.  I don't know
the native resolution of either set and I didn't think to check if
either had NTSC tuners.

But this still seemed like a couple new lows in prices.  Pair one of
these with an inexpensive HD (or HD PVR) cable rental box and the HD
price of entry becomes almost manageable for a lot of people.

- Tom