[opendtv] Re: Nielsen stats on TV in US households

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2007 10:54:42 -0400

Mark Schubin wrote:

We can have a lighting director, opera director, and TV director all ooh-ing and ahh-ing over a gorgeous effect they've achieved on a CRT monitor, and we can point out on our own LCD and plasma monitors in the control room how that will not make it to homes with those display technologies, and it's like popping a child's balloon.

TTFN,
Mark

Mark -

How much of the problems these days are just caused by this, directors and quality control with CRT or low rez monitors that do not match the eventual target?

- Tom

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

At 1:29 PM -0400 3/23/07, Mark Schubin wrote:

There are also the shift to flat-panel (and other non-CRT displays), the shift to surround sound, and the shift to tapeless storage.

I am currently going through agony over production issues related to the first two.

Mark

I can appreciate and understand the issues related to producing surround sound - this requires a major change in sound acquisition and production techniques.

Could you elaborate on why you are experiencing agony relate to the shift to non-CRT based display technologies?

Tom Barry                  trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx