[opendtv] Re: Nielsen stats on TV in US households

  • From: Barry Brown <barrysb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 14:39:30 -0400

This can't be the case for HD. I don't know of many HD CRT sets that have been sold. I guess what you're saying HD is not main stream as yet, so there's no urgency for production houses to change their SOP. But, I don't remember viewing these programs in the past at such consistent low key levels. This seems to be a new trend. Maybe it saves money.

Barry

On Mar 23, 2007, at 2:22 PM, Mark Schubin wrote:

Given that the bulk of the audience for any TV show is still watching on CRTs, that's what still makes sense for monitoring.

TTFN,
Mark

Barry Brown wrote:
Mark,

This probably doesn't affect you in your work that much, but I've been very disappointed with many of the episodic network HD programs whose LDs seem to prefer to use all low key lighting in their work. These programs certainly don't look very good on current HD-LCD screens. I'm sure all of them are still using CRTs for conforming.

Barry Brown