[opendtv] Re: News: With Popcorn, DVD's and TiVo, Moviegoers Are Staying Home

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 May 2005 09:47:59 -0400

John,

What am I missing by echoing your mantra that content is king?  Make good
movies, people go see them.  Make trash, and people stay away in droves.

What the DVD market has done is just to give people the option of saying to
themselves "is this movie good enough to go see in the theater, or can I
wait for the DVD?"  This mentality began with VHS, but the video quality of
DVD raised the bar for opting for the theater.

The answer is for Hollywood to make better content, and they will come.

John