[opendtv] Re: News: Those licenses will soon be worthless...

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 12:47:54 -0700

I'd like to see the interface document.  I suspect, however, that I might
not need it; my PSIP system was tested there last fall, and I only lacked
proper CRC-32.  Caveat: we didn't test against, and I hadn't written, the
real-time part to deal with program preemptions and table changes at the
three hour mark.  I've since written this part, but have yet to test it; and
won't until I finish EtherGuide Ferret in the next week or two.

Just last night, I wrote the function needed to do 32-bit unsigned integer
addition in visual basic.  The first use will be in the crc-32 algorithm (as
I just posted to my PSIP list) on the t&m side.  Then, I will be able to
finish the EtherGuide Ferret PSIP generator, with full Directed Channel
Change support.