[opendtv] Re: News: TV Braces for the Apple Tablet

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Feb 2010 17:45:52 -0500

Albert Manfredi wrote:
While I would not doubt that DVB-T2 would have been a better choice

had it been available at the time, let me just say that with antennas

in fireplace, and snow up the freekin' ying yang this morning, I can

attain solid reception of local stations, and even Baltimore's ABC2

(which is actually UHF). And this was also true when it was coming down the hardest.
And yes, even the local VHF stations.
I have had solid unbroken reception of the Philly and Baltimore stations
including WBAL-DT, as well as WPVI-DT CH6 LoVHF all through the storm.

Yet, during clear night skys and sunny days CH6 becomes unwatchable with huge losses of all signal "NO SIGNAL" for 30 seconds or more.

Could the good reception during the storm be due to 'ducting' of their signal over the 39 miles to my antenna?

Cliff