[opendtv] Re: News: Streamlined Cable TV in a Card

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2004 09:51:28 -0500

You can't use the exact same program guide as the cable company's set-top, but
there is usually some kind of EPG in the TV.  Toshiba, for example, uses TV
Guide software which is actually far superior to what I'm used to with SA.

Sticking with what I know, Toshiba again offers a simple PVR upgrade for their
integrated sets.  It's a hard drive that plugs into the TV's Firewire I/O.

2 strikes...wanna swing again?