[opendtv] Re: News: Nielsen Gives Fuzzy Picture of HDTV Penetration

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2007 07:30:02 -0500

At 9:22 AM -0500 11/5/07, Mark Schubin wrote:
Craig Birkmaier wrote:
The average size of displays being sold today is still below 30" diagonal.
According to CEA figures, the average size of screens sold to U.S. dealers in 2006 was 32 in, a huge jump, and the first time it exceeded 30 inch. We can assume some lag between dealer sales and consumer sales, but I think it's reasonable, based on that figure, to assume sales today do exceed 30 inch on average.

TTFN,
Mark

Thanks Mark!

I had not seen the new info from the CEA.

But the point still holds. You cannot see the full benefit of the HD formats on a 32" display.