[opendtv] Re: News: News Corp. Loses $3.4 Billion in 2009

On Fri, Aug 7, 2009 at 6:50 AM, Craig Birkmaier<craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 1. Ads DO NOT work the way they used to - the consumer is overwhelmed with
> ad intrusions into their lives and after decades of "brand advertising" they
> are no longer motivated by shotgun ads for stuff they are not interested in
> buying.

I'v noticed a trend lately in TV programming - in addition to the
usual ad breaks in shows, many shows have additional ad breaks where
30-60 seconds seconds of the show is played and then a switch is made
to ads before the show 'resumes'.

This is extremely annoying. In our household we have pretty much just
flat out stopped watching any show that does this. They are obviously
trying to be cute and much with people pushing the DVR ad skip
buttons, but it's a shot in the foot since it costs them the viewer,
period.

Cheers
Kon