[opendtv] Re: News: Macintosh and iPod Drive Apple

  • From: Brian Park <floman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2007 14:02:15 -0500

It's not the computer that matters nor the typing speed, it's the application. At work I use Solidworks, a 3D CAD program for product design 80% of the time, then Firefox, then Excel, then email, and occasionally Powerpoint and then Word. Relatively little typing, mostly mousework. Since Solidworks only runs decently on a high octane PC, then PC it is. For all its graphic capabilities there are few decent CAD packages for the Mac since PCs won the race in engineering in the 80s. I doubt that will change.

This took me 5 minutes to type at what, 10 words a minute, since I was actually thinking in between rapid finger muscle movements. So what, it's the message not the medium. Ooops. Can I go back to sleep now?

bp

Flogiston, ImSpace and now Sensortran.

Dave Bittner wrote:

It ships with a Mighty Mouse. That is a multi button mouse, with a scroll button.

On May 6, 2007, at Sunday, May 6, 20071:36 PM, Kon Wilms wrote:

You guys can argue all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that
the 8-core Mac Pro still ships with a one-button mouse. You would
think that for 3+ grand they could at least include another button.