De: opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:opendtv-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] En
nombre de Russ Wood
Enviado el: Monday, January 28, 2008 2:13 AM
Para: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Asunto: [opendtv] Re: News: DTV Converter Box announcements

Discussing emergency information systems, I don't think that anybody has
mentioned the Deaf or Hard-of-hearing, what use can they make of radios?

Remember that the demographics are skewed and as people get older they get
deafer so the people who can't use radio will be a higher proportion of
those who need assistance.

If the Bobby (sorry State Trooper) who comes to knock on their door doesn't
know the occupants are deaf - will he just move on when nobody comes to the
door immediately?

Russ - from the UK

  _____