[opendtv] Re: News: DTV Boxes Could Cost $1 Billion

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 19:44:25 -0400

I realize that HDTV as a theoretical all or nothing digital cliff.  But
in my own experience it instead dies gradually by increasing frequency
of break-ups caused by atmospheric conditions, trees, passing vehicles,
gremlins, and low flying hawks.

So your hypothetical football viewers may still be watching and cursing
as the picture comes and goes at (theoretically) the worst possible moments.

- Tom