[opendtv] Re: News: DTV Boxes Could Cost $1 Billion

  • From: "John Golitsis" <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:02:21 -0400

That is precisely what I'm suggesting, and I don't think you'll find too
many early adopters that would disagree.  It's simply the price of being an
early adopter and heck, 'we' even look forward to replacing our gear with
more advanced gear.

The simple fact is that NOBODY has had the NEED to purchase an ATSC receiver
to this point.

Are you going to resurrect this point and your position when the performance
of 7th generation chipsets trounce this 5th generation?