[opendtv] Re: News: Case accepts blame for AOL-Time Warner debacle

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 12:14:26 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> You knew what I was trying to say all along and
> chose instead to turn this into a discussion of
> definitions.

Uhh, no. The original point was that IPTV ends up
being a walled garden just like cable TV or DBS
TV, for some very good reasons. Since you were
trying to make the point that IPTV eliminates this
"problem," assuming that IPTV would "separate
content and carriage," I was countering that it
would not accomplish this any more or less than
cable does.

Same-o same-o.

If you need to create a walled garden, you will
have all the same problems as other walled gardens
have.

I knew what you were trying to say, and was
pointing out that it ain;t necessarily so.