[opendtv] Re: News: Apple Said to Prepare New 99-Cent TV Rental Service

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 08:42:42 -0700

I would like to say that I don't see the new Apple TV appliance going far
because it is so limited in its sources: iTunes, YouTube and Flickr.  I
would rather buy a gaming console that lets me play a BluRay, play a video
game or watch content from a vast number of internet sources (dare I say,
including those with Flash).  This way there is only one or two boxes to
deal with rather than having three or four or even five separate set-top
boxes.

So that is what I would like to say but I won't because I am always the
non-standard media consumer.  So I will simply say that it doesn't have any
appeal to me.

Dan