[opendtv] Re: NeTVs Really Are the 'Next Big Thing'

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2010 15:51:38 -0500

Tom Barry wrote:

> John Shutt wrote:
>> A lot of good my collection of Betamax movies are now.

> Well, I still own a vhs vcr, though it is not hooked up.

It really makes me cringe when I see the number of VHS movies my wife amassed
over the years. We do have a VHS player, but only in the upstairs setup
anymore. And the fact is, I can't even enjoy watching them. Reminds me too much
of bad old analog TV.

I'm with you, Tom. The collection of DVDs I have is only because I get them as
gifts. It's been a long time since I bought one myself. Also resisting BluRay
for the same reasons you cite (obnoxious DRM).