[opendtv] Re: NYTimes: Test Pattern Girls...

  • From: "Cliff Benham" <cliff.benham@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2005 11:20:33 -0500

How about the 'tea girl'of BBC fame? In 1967, at the beginning of PAL =
colour,=20
the BBC advertised for models to be screen tested. On the appointed day =
they=20
appeared at the television studio but after many hours none was deemed =
suitable.
Some one suggested testing the 'tea girl' who was there to serve tea to =
the models.
She was chosen immediately.=20
I still have an 8X10 transparency of her.=20