[opendtv] Re: NTSC TVs still for sale at Best Buy

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2007 07:29:15 -0500

At 9:21 PM -0500 3/2/07, Albert Manfredi wrote:

The question is, will ATSC receivers be incorporated in these cheap CRTs? What is the alternative? No cheap TVs to be had anymore? I don't believe it.

Go to a garage sale Bert. That's what the Bank of Amigo customers do.

P.S. I was installing a network in the office of a friend yesterday who is in the video production business. Another workman was hanging new doors on the offices. Somehow the conversation got to TV. He claimed that he does not watch much - has Free OTA TV, four channels, and that is more than enough. I asked him if he was going to buy a digital TV receiver so he could watch TV after 2/17/09. He had no idea what I was talking about.