[opendtv] Re: NTSC TVs still for sale at Best Buy

I guess I take things pretty literally - the FCC brochure says:

The FCC has adopted rules that require all digital TVs sold in the United
States to include a
DTV tuner. Today, all TVs with a screen size of 25 inches or larger are
required to have a
DTV tuner. By March 1, 2007, all TVs sold in the United States, regardless
of screen size,
must incorporate a DTV tuner.

The FCC brochure does not say sold to retail merchants, it says SOLD.  What
is the actual language that says sold to retailers, and where can I find it?
I guess I want to pick a fight with Best Buy (and Circuit City) and get them
to pull all of their analog only TVs off the sales floor.  We will never get
to a digital only age if NTSC sets continue to be sold.  A viable work
around is for all sets to be called Monitors (if they have video, S-video,
etc. inputs).  All in-store displays need to remove NTSC tuners from the
literature.

What was very irritating at Best Buy was the price differential between the
NTSC receivers (as low as $199) and the ATSC equipped receivers, the
cheapest was $599 (or so).  The existence of an ATSC receiver appears to add
almost $300 on the same size sets LCD sets.

If this trend continues, it is obvious why there are no $50 or $100 set top
boxes - it is costing in excess of $100 for the components.

Stephen