[opendtv] Re: NTSC Cutoff Date

  • From: "nat ostroff" <nostroff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 21:35:29 -0400

Ahh, the off air feed.  If the FCC wants to count all Digitally received
signals at the head end of a cable company as serving the subs with a
digital signal even if it is delivered in the form of good old NTSC then
they should be forced to count all of the subs who get their cable signal
from a head end that is fed with NTSC as being served with an off air
signal. That should change the satisitcs to well below the 85% trigger
level. Is it not time for the broadcasters to make that point?

This is Mark Aitkens idea and I think it is a good one.

Nat Ostroff