[opendtv] NAB - DSLR for aquisition

  • From: Don Moore <don@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2010 12:28:47 -0400

I didn't attend this year; but one of my Producer friends did.
Friday, I sat down with him and asked him about all this "3D" buzz.
He looked at me with a puzzled look.  He thought the biggest thing was
acquisition using Digital SLR cameras such as the Canon 5D.  (An
episode of Fox's "House" was recently shot using one 5D camera.)

He saw a lot of camera accessory booths prominently featuring the
Canon 5D camera and their accessories.

It's an interesting observation, as two news photographer friends who
attended mentioned the 3D as well.  I guess folks in different fields
took away different perspectives.