[opendtv] Re: My new TV supports QAM

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:08:40 -0700

I've never heard of a QAM requirement. Can you provide the part 15
or part 76 section for us? In section 15.118, the only requirement for
"cable ready" equipment is analog channel tuning.

Ron

John Willkie wrote:

I wasn't thinking, I was telling you of the legal requirements.  You can, if
you care to investigate, actually read the appropriate sections of part 15
and part 76.

The fcc has been pimping for almost 20 years to get rid of the need for
stb's; the cablecard plug & play is just the latest and greatest.

John Willkie