[opendtv] Re: Musical Chairs

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:34:23 -0400

The FCC (wisely) had a market by market approach to mandating DTV simulcasts. It started with the network affiliates in the top 30 markets, and trickled down from there.

Why in the world the FCC (Congress, really) didn't come up with a staggered approach to the analog cutoff is beyond logic.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Limpert" <john.a.limpert@xxxxxxxxx>

We're at point A and we want to get to point B. It looks like there may be
major problems in coordinating all of the planned frequency shifts