[opendtv] Re: Mobile 8-VSB from Linx/Micronas

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 13:10:54 -0500

John Golitsis wrote:

>I can't be bothered to listen to the narrative, but how is it that all 3
>screens
>are showing different content?  Seems to me the demo would have been more
>convincing if all 3 were showing the same video in-sync!  How about showing
>their signal strength meters (I only watched the first few minutes, so maybe
>that's in there somewhere)?

This was with one 6 MHz station, channel 59, and we had six videos
running using MPEG2. We also were delivering real time traffic info of
road conditions, traffic, accidents in the NYC area and Detroit. This
included 5 frames a second video of some 50 cameras or so. And we were
using a live camera also for inserting a homeland security blurb too.

You could change stations with a remote with the in car install. Could
change stations on the laptop and with a remote on the STB.

At different resolutions always V 480,  varied H 576p 640p 480p  480i in
16 by 9 and 4 by 3. We were playing around but that is what you see in
the video. We did higher resolutions also but not on this demo.

Bob Miller