[opendtv] Re: Minority and rural groups oppose FCC's plan to change cable TV rules

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2007 09:04:27 -0800

I'm all in favor of minority ownership and minority-oriented channels.  I
watched Black Entertainment Television sign on the air.

Entravision is a rather large minority-controlled owner of television and
radio stations, as is Radio One (no TV stations.)

I'm not insensitive to the needs and desires of minorities.  All my
education post 6th grade has been in minority-majority schools.  And, I can
lawfully claim to be a minority under Federal laws and regulations.

I've even been a registered Democrat, but I despise race-baiting.

John Willkie