[opendtv] Re: Microsoft's Masters: Whose Rules Does Your Media Center Play By?

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 19:13:38 -0400

At times, some refer to "Adam's Rule", which has approximately the meaning
"there should be no regulation which requires me to build a good product".
IMHO, this behavior by MSFT software is not "good" (nor, John, is it
reasonable IMO).

I don't think MSFT should act this way, but I'd be against a regulation
which required them to do it otherwise.  There /is/ not regulation which
requires a device to be able to record particular content, only
law/regulation which requires that it be /possible/.