[opendtv] Re: Maybe Bert will like this take on Apple...

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 09:50:15 -0400

Craig Birkmaier wrote:
> At 10:28 AM -0700 8/9/10, Kon Wilms wrote:
>> On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 4:39 AM, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>  Can you buy me now? Apple and the war for the mobile market
>>
>> I propose we change the name of this list to OpenMAC (a fitting
>> contradiction) ;)
>>

> Works for me.
>
> DTV seems to be closing, not opening...
>
> ;-)
>
> Clearly the traditional TV equipment vendors and CE companies are NOT
> defining the next generation of TV.
>
> I doubt that even Apple can control the convergence that is happening
> between the big screen in the family room and the mobile devices that
> will interact with it. But they are certainly a major player and
> worthy of discussion for anyone who is interested in the future of
> Digital Television.
>
> Regards
> Craig
For about 10 years now I have been posting on this list how most of my
computing/browsing/TV/media  is though a big screen TV in the family
room (now living room).   I'm still told my usage is not very
representative.

Is this opinion changing at all yet?

- Tom

PS - While I can get TV on my mobile I almost never use it.  But that
may be because I'm always in front of a computer anyway.