[opendtv] Re: Mag-lev

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 12:45:27 -0500

I think it would be effectively free fall everywhere falling thru the center. At least it should feel like it, the same at both ends and the center. For that matter it should feel like free fall even if you were just floating motionless at the center. In all cases there is no relative acceleration pushing one part of your body into another (ignoring human size tidal stress). But maybe I misunderstand the definition of "free fall".

- Tom

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Bob Miller wrote:

Theoretically the only line where you experience free
fall is the one thru the center

Agreed.

and you would experience it until you reached zero speed
on the other side

Not "free fall" all the way through, because your acceleration is
steadily decreasing throughout the trip, going increasingly negative
(slowing you down more and more) after you go by the core. You should
experience free fall only at the very start opf the journey.

at which I guess someone grabs you before you make a
return trip, a perpetual yo-yo.

Agreed.

Tom Barry                       trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx
Find my resume and video filters at www.trbarry.com