[opendtv] Re: MPAA wants to stop DVRs from recording some movies

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 28 Jun 2008 19:37:58 -0400

John,

I happen to know quite a bit about A/70 (sadly).  Next time I see you
face-to-face, remind me and I'll tell you in great detail why I'm sad.

In any case, no, to my knowledge, no one has ever implemented A/70.  There's
nothing in there that's difficult to do, nor any stuff which would require
bending-over-backwards by a PSIP generator.  What's missing is commercial need.
 5% off the top to the feds, coupled with zero installed base (and a couple of
dozen non-technical problems) leads to "not happening".