[opendtv] Re: MPAA wants to stop DVRs from recording some movies

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2008 20:20:14 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

We've all lost when Bert uses Tom's items as an example for 'amplification' and
'extension.'

Nothing requires that items that don't meet your definition as "crippled."
And, it's unlikely that -- absent mis-identifying a product -- it will ever
happen.

You are apparently too stupid to recognize that you are lying when you say that
   "Furthermore, FOTA broadcasters who transmit "copy never," knowing full well
that at   least SOME recorders out there will be prevented from copying, are
clearly being non-conformant to that court decision. I can't think of any
interpretation, obtuse as many of these can be, that would deny my point."

Of course you can't think of any such interpretation; you are unable of debate,
since you can only see your position, and don't even pay attention to the other
party's points, unless they are points to further launch your crap.

Good debaters learn that by identifying all the points that the other party can
be reasonably expected to use, you sharpen your arguments. Indeed, good
debaters have the ability to take any side in a debate, depending on what they
are assigned and not their pre-conceived positions.

In the alternative, just repeat your positions, since that's the end of your
understanding.