[opendtv] Re: Learning From the Veterans - local news in HD

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 12:48:16 -0500

Mark Schubin wrote:

> The majority of TVs in the U.S. are fed analog signals from
> cable and satellite set-top boxes.

Yes, but as cable systems go all-digital, the situation would be exactly the
same as my upstairs TV, fed from a Digital Stream STB via an S-video
connection. Whether the monitor is 4:3 (as it used to be), or 16:9 (as we have
now), the STB handles the situation perfectly. Wide screen anamorphic 16:9 is
displayed full screen on a 4:3 monitor, I guess using pan and scan, and it
fills the screen of a 16:9 monitor.

A digital cable STB feeding a TV set via analog interface should behave the
same way? No?