[opendtv] Re: Lawmakers Establish 2009 Deadline for Analog TV Phaseout

  • From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 18:13:48 -0500

When we lived in Ringoes, New Jersey Joyce and I had an antenna rotor and an
LNA at the mast.  We tuned both NYC and Philly because there was different
news from the two cities.  There was also an independent station in NYC with
Gabe Pressman delivering news.  Also depending on weather one city or the
other afforded better reception.  Network evening news was at different
times from the two cities.

Remember NJ has only a PBS station in Trenton and some satellite PBS
repeaters.  Oh, there is a low-power Christian station, too. We often tuned
to a station down in Wilmington, Delaware.  At the time PBS offerings from
NJ and NY often differed.

David Sarnoff Labs was located at Princeton because both Philly and NYC TV
could be received.

When we lived in Yankee Virginia, we watched Baltimore as well as Washington
TV stations.  There were some interesting UHF stations in VA that broadcast
foreign language films and non-US news.

If you are multi-lingual or are an ethnic Indian etc.  You may well want to
receive a station 75 or 100 miles distant.

Al Limberg